Golfing and Chiropractic
Golf and chiropractic are complimentary: golf gets people up and active which contributes to overall health, while chiropractic keeps them resistant to the types of injuries that accrue from the accentuated torsion of a golf swing. Furthermore, keeping your spine in alignment is particularly important for the golfer: a subluxation could put more pressure on one part of the body creating excess strain that leads to injury down the line.
At Scorca Chiropractic Center, we offer golfers the following services:
- Spinal adjustment: improving spinal mobility and reducing pain.
- Core strengthening: focusing on adding stability to the core to create resistance against the strain that golf swings impart.
- Injury rehabilitation: focusing on improving the healing time of ligaments and tissue that may be strained on the course.
- Dietary information: if you are struggling with an injury, adding anti-inflammatory ingredients into your diet could make a big difference in your recovery time.
- Swing advice: shortening the amount of rotation during your swing can reduce the amount of excess torsion that may be aggravating your back (it may make you more accurate as well)
- Pre-first tee stretching tips: stay tuned to the next blog to find out what kind of stretches should be performed to keep you limber and add strength to your game.
Because golf season is in full flow, we are seeing more people come in with injuries of varying degrees from the golf course. At our office in Fremont, we have the treatment modalities and expertise to get you back on the course in no time.
Dr. Francis Scorca, D.C.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.