Sitting is a Disease
Sitting is a disease and as time progresses, it is causing the premature degradation of spines that are subject to extensive daily sitting. At Scorca Chiropractic Center, we believe it is our responsibility to not sit idly by on the sidelines and let this happen. Computerized jobs, computerized lifestyles and television leisure is leaving more people on the couch rather than out in the garden. At our office in Fremont, we don’t ask people to uproot what they are comfortable with. Rather, we focus on getting you moving sneakily: how can you capture 5 minutes out of an hour, or multi-task while on the telephone, to instill some healthy habits for your body.
Come in and talk to us, we promise we won’t ask you to upend anything you are comfortable with. We simply help you find out your realistic health goal. We seek to make sure you have your full range of motion into old age. The little things make all the difference:
- Get a step counter: it is a fun way to track your movement and stokes the pleasure centers of your brain when you see how many steps you have taken- it becomes a kind of personal competition.
- Make a playlist or find a favorite podcast that you can take walking or jogging. Getting lost in music or historical chatter makes the time pass by before you even know it.
- Stop letting other people do your work for you. Gardening and housework are rewarding in of themselves. A big way we stop moving is by hiring other people to do this work for us.
- Try a new sport: running is not for everyone, and it creates a lot of repetitive stress on the body. Swimming is an alternative that works out the whole body gently.
- Stop smoking and take the stairs.
- Don’t look for the nearest possible parking spot. Every step counts.
- Finally, reward yourself (healthily)
At Scorca Chiropractic Center, we can help you rediscover an appreciation for the simple things in life. Don’t let computer screens be the reason that your spine goes downhill. Call our office and let us help you bring movement and health back into your life.
Dr. Francis Scorca, D.C.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.