How to Relax and Sleep in Peace
Having trouble falling asleep in Fremont, CA?
For many people, sleep becomes trickier with age; we find it more difficult to fall asleep and are woken up by noises that previously would not have disturbed us. If you have consistent trouble falling or staying asleep it could be indicative of a sleep disorder. But if you are like many people, you could make drastic improvements in your sleep life by changing a few lifestyle decisions.
For example, did you know that caffeine can work in the body for up to 8 hours after consumption? If you have your last cup at 4 PM, the caffeine could be stopping you from sleeping as late as midnight. Alcohol is another factor that interferes with sleep. While its sedative effect may help you nod off, chances are you are not getting restful sleep and as soon as the effects wear off you may wake up feeling uncomfortable.
Make sleeping easier with these tricks:
Let’s look at other ways you can make falling and staying asleep easier:
- Bedtime routine: establishing a set time to go to bed and wake up helps your body establish rhythm which is critical for resting.
- Relaxing tea: try winding down days with chamomile tea instead of caffeine. The idea here is that you reduce anxiety instead of increase it.
- Magnesium and calcium: magnesium and its complementary mineral calcium help relax your muscles and decrease the presence of cortisol, a stress hormone that can keep you up.
- Workout earlier; consume caffeine earlier.
- Hot shower before bed: showers are relaxing; the hot water puts you in the right frame of mind for sleeping.
Is pain preventing you from sleeping?
At our office in Fremont, we are treat many people who’s spinal conditions are stopping them from falling asleep. Chiropractic adjustment corrects spinal imbalance and alleviates nerve impingement, which many people find is a boon for sleeping. If you need help rediscovering what it means to get a great night’s sleep, give our office a call to schedule an appointment today.
Dr. Francis Scorca, D.C.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.