Stand up on your own two feet and beat back pain by performing the most natural human endeavor: going for a walk. As the 21st century progresses, perhaps we are losing sight of the simplicity and healthful power of the typical walk. For people who have back pain, walks are an essential piece of returning to a pain free life. Without even realizing it, you are strengthening the bones and muscles of the entire body and improving your flexibility to boot. Spinal joints are called into action for gentle articulation and a previously stagnant spine is now moving as it should
So how does it help the back pain sufferer?
- Improves circulation of the blood throughout all the vital systems of the body, bringing the values of oxygen and nutrients to all of your cells.
- Promotes movement of previously immobile joints allowing them to hydrate and find their state of balance.
- Reduces back pain by mildly releasing endorphins.
- Reduces weight, one of the primary contributing factors to back pain in America.
- Improves range of motion and makes you more resistant to injury.
It is not inconceivable that you could walk your way back to health by making minute lifestyle adjustments. Going for an hour long walk in place of one show in the evening or walking to work are examples of considerations that you could make to institute more walking into your life. At Scorca Chiropractic Center, we offer the spinal adjustments that keep your spine in alignment, but we also offer knowledge of a total body of health that begins with a walk.
Call our office in Fremont at (510) 656-9077 to schedule an appointment today
Dr. Francis Scorca, D.C.