Moving: as easy as a walk in the park. But modern lifestyles are causing us to lose sight of this. You may have to sit at work to make money, and you may feel like sitting at night to unwind from the day, but how can you recapture the moments in between: the moments when you are scrolling mindlessly through news feeds or staring absent-mindedly out the window. If you can get yourself moving, your spine will thank you.
- Park far away. Gone are the days of finding the nearest possible parking place for your daily bit of shopping. Park in the back of the lot, and carry your bags to the car.
- Vacuum yourself. Gone are the days of the roomba sweeping up your crumbs. But this is simply an allegory for all kinds of activities: mowing the lawn, picking weeds, cooking and walking the dog. Don’t pay other people, or pay for a robot to do tasks that enable you to sit around immobilized. As long as you perform tasks with proper posture, your spine will strengthen and repay you.
- Don’t drive to every little place: consider alternate modes of transportation such as walking or biking.
- Stand up while talking on the phone. Maybe pace a bit.
- Challenge yourself to stretch once an hour.
- Take the stairs (for reasonable amounts of flights).
A healthy back care lifestyle is not a walk in the park: it is about changing a mentality. At Scorca Chiropractic Center, we can help! We have the knowledge and experience to help you heal your own spine, whatever its condition. If you want to get serious about sitting less and moving more, give our office in Fremont a call at (510) 656-9077. We believe that once you get a taste for how good your spine can feel, you will propel yourself.
Dr. Francis Scorca, D.C.